10 WAYS TO THRIVE! DON’T JUST SURVIVE
- Pray for Wisdom | James 1:5 says, “ If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.” We need wisdom more than anything to make the right decisions in protecting our families, freedoms, and finances during these turbulent times.
- Give Extravagantly | Malachi 3:10-11 say “Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the LORD Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it. I will prevent pests from devouring your crops, and the vines in your fields will not drop their fruit before it is ripe,” says the LORD Almighty.” God’s Word doesn’t return void and when you give with a joyful heart and learn to give out of your need rather than out of your abundance God will supernaturally intervene in your life and pour out so many blessings that you will not be able to contain it. And the second half of the promise mentioned here is that He WILL make you more productive.
- Read and meditate on God’s Word | Joshua 1:8-9 say, “Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” Yet another promise from God, who’s Word does not return void! This is a conditional phrase. When you meditate on God’s Word and are careful to do what it says, THEN you will be prosperous and successful. The Bible is our blueprint for a successful life.
- Get out of Debt | Interest rates are at the lowest point in the history of our nation. This means they can’t go too much lower, they will go up, and go up rapidly as the U.S. Dollar continues to deteriorate. If you carry any variable debt you will find it increasingly more difficult to service your debt payments as those payments rise.
- Grow your roots in a local church | How could this help you navigate through this harsh economy? Well, when your roots grow deep you will be able to withstand the storms of life as they arrive. Remember, storms ALWAYS happen and sometimes Jesus calmed the storm, sometimes he was the peace in the midst of the storm. Regardless, the end result was PEACE. Having a support group of like-minded, God fearing, friends and family of the local church will make the storms of life easier to navigate.
- Be politically active | Make your voice heard! We still live in a country where our voice can be heard and we can make a difference. We need to hold our elected official’s feet to the fire and encourage them to make wise decisions. After all, it is their policies of excessive taxation, excessive spending, and a continuous elimination of God from the policies and principles of our nation that have produced the mess that we are in. Make a difference while you still can!
- Become self sufficient | In reading accounts of other countries throughout history that have gone through hyperinflations, the people that have survived the best are the ones who were able to produce their own food, had supplies of fresh water, had acquired barter type items prior to the economic tsunami hitting them. It is sad that we are about at the point where we look at long-term food storage as part of a solid investment portfolio, but our goal is to protect, preserve, survive and thrive, and these type of items should be sought after.
- Diligently study the fundamentals of the markets | Knowing what fundamentally causes markets to move is ESSENTIAL to safeguarding your assets from erosion due to bad public policy. For example: The value of bonds will come down when interest rates rise. Financial metals like gold/silver do very well during times of political and geo-political turbulence, economic uncertainty, chaos and change. Industrial and agricultural commodities tend to do very well during times of inflation. The stock market will ultimately come crashing down as revenues continue to decline and taxes go up.
- Reallocate your assets | You need to analyze your current investment mix and get out of the downward trending asset classes (stock market and allocate into positive trending asset classes like gold/silver. Precious metals in this economy will act as a hedge against your paper assets as they are in the midst of a HUGE bull market. Gold has increased over 400% since 2002 and silver has increased over 700% during the same time period. A proper allocation of metals and cash in your portfolio will help to insulate you against some of the turbulent market activity that will wipe out a lifetime of savings in a short period of time.
- Contact a financial advisor who understands the times we are living in | 1 Chronicles 12:32 says the sons of Issachar understood the times and knew what to do. We need to be modern day sons and daughters of Issachar and understand the times we are living in and know what to do about it. Also, make sure your investment advisor is the same. Many well meaning people just don’t grasp the seriousness of the economic downturn we are living in, nor do they grasp the magnitude and scope of the implications of not allocating wisely. Our window of opportunity to protect us, our families, and future generations will not be open forever. In fact, it may not be open for very long at all. ACT NOW to preserve and protect everything you have worked your entire life to accumulate.